Saturday, April 14, 2012

12 Year Wedding Anniversary

Tomorrow is our 12th year wedding anniversary!  Can hardly believe that it's been 12 years.  Seems like forever yet yesterday.  Forever in that I can't imagine me ever having a life without Glen and yesterday in that it's gone by too fast!  Life is going by very rapidly!

So, today instead of spending money on going out to eat for our anniversary we (I) have chosen to have our family photographed today.  Can't wait.  Just can't decide which clothes for all of us to wear.  I have a photographer friend who did our portrait session in 2009 and she's AWESOME!  I will post some after we get them back.  So excited!

We just got back on Tuesday from vacation in Florida.  No, we didn't go to Disney.  Makes me kinda sad that we didn't, but we could hardly afford to go at all, much less go there!  We have some wonderful friends who let us stay in their wonderful house for almost two weeks for free.  It was such a blessing!  I read "The Help" while we were there. (I also killed a huge water-bug thing with it.  Sorry, Elaine!)  I've seen the movie, but I hadn't read the book.  I think the book is better, but I'm looking forward to seeing the movie again.  AND I loved it that it was thick enough to last pretty much for the whole trip.

One day we were on our way to the Mote Aquarium in Sarasota and had a flat tire.  Thankfully we have AAA and it happened in the best place...right beside a park near a statue of this.  It's absolutely enormous. 




The tire got changed and we drove just up main street to the Firestone place and got two new tires.  I hated those old tires anyhow.  They made the van ride like a truck.  Ugh.  Anyhow we were able to go on to the Aquarium and enjoyed it.  I have lots of videos and photos.  It's just going to take a while for them to get posted.  The video at the top of my blog has some footage of when we went to the Sarasota area in 2006.

We are thankful that God delivered us home with no mechanical problems with our van.  We have a 1999 Honda Odyssey with 210,000 miles on it.  It's purring right along.  We love our van!

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment