Monday, April 4, 2011

The Beginning

When thinking of change most people, if they are like me, groan and think only of the torturous process and not the shining end result.  Or we are so overwhelmed by the amount of work it takes to change that we fluff it off, stumble on and fall deeper into a stale place of discontentment and complaining.  Luke 18:27 reads, "Jesus replied, 'What is impossible with men is possible with God.'"  So, now the question arises, do I really believe that? 

Our family has fallen into a routine that is not exactly what one would call good - to any stretch of the imagination.  Too much TV.  Too much of a bad diet.  We are starting to come to grips with the realization that we have allowed too much of the world to infiltrate our home causing us to grumble and be discontent.  SO!  We are taking some pretty drastic measures (for our house!).  For the month of April we are not watching TV or videos during the day and computer time is on an "earned only" basis.  So far no one has earned any time today!  (I've done laundry, so I guess I'm entitled!) 

In addition to no more TV we will be converting to a more healthy diet plan.  That means rethinking how I shop at the grocery store and more planning of menus and such.  We are going to cut out food coloring and dyes, white sugar, and white flour.  Less processed everything.  Shew!  Big undertaking, considering that I love bread and I love to have sugar with my coffee.  Worst of all - I love convenience and MY comfort.

So, I guess the long and short of it is that I will be blogging about our journey into a place I have never been before.  Lord, please help me!  I know that all things are possible through You!

 Philippians 4:13:  "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to be the first to make a comment on your blog!! Love your idea of less TV and more healthy foods. I'm excited to keep up w/ you guys via your blog(Did I ever tell you I have a blog too? Check it out and "follow" me! :> Here is the link: http://kubafamily.blogspot.com
    Welcome to blogging! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting new journey you've decided to undertake! :-) I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete