Friday, April 8, 2011

Sorrow and Blessing - And Other Things....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_211258715553976&ap=1

This morning is filled with sorrow and blessing.  Our friends newborn son is in critical condition.  We are praying for a miracle for little Baby Jack.  They have created a page on Facebook to keep everyone updated and it already has 1262 members!  Baby Jack was born perfectly normally, pink, breathing, screaming and he nursed and was doing great.  Then at about 5 hours old he stopped breathing and has suffered severe brain damage.  We need a miracle.  How thankful I am that our God has not left us to ourselves and our own understanding, because we cannot understand such as this.  Please join me in prayer for this Godly family and for a miracle for little Baby Jack.  Verse for the day:  I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Well, we have come to day 5 without TV during the day.  It's really been easier than I expected.  The kids have done pretty well with it all too.  I think my husband is in shock that we've actually not watched ANY TV while he's at work.  Monday I plan on starting some together reading time.  Haven't decided on a book yet. 

As far as the diet goes, well not much has changed so far.  As soon as I think we have made a bit of headway we wind up somewhere that is serving sugary/processed stuff.  Oh, well.  I'm trying at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment